Re: about the advantage of 64 bit processor

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 01:15:17AM +0000, JULIO Cayo wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.
> I'll try "test" the programs in this link:
> about video editing and enconding.
> I'll make a competition beetwen that application and win32bit application.
> If the summary result favorable to 64 bit then I will post it.=)
> Else I'll post the fake summary, wich contain the proof of the 64bits
> is much better than 32 bits.
>
> (I payed us$ 100 more for my processor )

Given AMD doesn't make the 32bit athlons at all anymore, there is really
no such thing as paying more for a 64bit cpu anymore. :)

Even when they were still made, paying extra for a 3500 or something
athlon64 over a 2800 or something 32bit athlon xp, you were getting a
faster chip overall which is always worth a little more money.  When
someday 64bit becomes common for all software you will be able to use it
while the cheaper older 32bit design would be obsolete.