Re: xserver-xfree86 acceleration & wheeling problem - Bug?

On 6/12/05, Justin Lott <jcl@pixelchaos.net> wrote:
> On Jun 10, 2005, at 6:21 PM, Thomas Steffen wrote:

> > Anyway, it only happens sometimes (most of the times, actually). I
> > have X.org 6.8.2 installed. Is there an easy way to check the mouse
> > events coming from the kernel (even within X)?
>
> You can use xev to check things out.

I know, but xev only tells you what you know anyway:-) I was looking
for a way to intercept the events before they enter the X server.

Anyway, it seems the problem has disappeared. So either the upgrade to
X.org fixed it (it did fix a lot of problems for me), or rewriting the
config file in the process did it.

> My specific problem actually
> ended up
> being that when x-window-system (or one of its dependants) was
> installed, it
> configured /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 with two mouse entries.

That is certainly possible, I'll try to find any hints in the old
config file (but I will not downgrade to XF again :-)).

Thomas