Re: xserver-xfree86 acceleration & wheeling problem - Bug?

On Jun 10, 2005, at 6:21 PM, Thomas Steffen wrote:

On 6/5/05, Justin Lott <jcl@pixelchaos.net> wrote:

Running xserver-xfree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-13 I have encountered a strange
issue on two out of three workstations - using the scroll wheel sends
two wheel events for every one action by the user.

Yes, I have the same problem here with a cheap optical mouse. I
thought it was the mouse, but when I think about it, I never had this
problem with my Athlon XP system.So it could be related to amd64.

Anyway, it only happens sometimes (most of the times, actually). I
have X.org 6.8.2 installed. Is there an easy way to check the mouse
events coming from the kernel (even within X)?

Thomas

You can use xev to check things out. My specific problem actually ended up being that when x-window-system (or one of its dependants) was installed, it
configured /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 with two mouse entries.

Justin