Re: Are there jigdo-images for sarge amd64?

Goswin wrote:
>tony mancill <tony@mancill.com> writes:
>>
>> FWIW, given that (at least here in the USs) dual-layer media still costs
>> about about 10x more than single layer for end consumers, I think users and
>> vendors alike might get more value out of (2) SL images.  That, however, is
>> merely my opinion.
>>
>> tony
>
>Buying blank media that is true. But if you master 10000 Debian DVD sets
>doing 10k dual layer might be cheaper than 2x 10k single layer. It is
>also much more convenient not having to swap DVDs mid installation.
>
>But that is why I asked. I don't have a clue what what costs.

My friendly local CD vendor in the UK tells me that DL discs work out
very slightly more expensive than 2xSL discs in production. The
difference is in mastering cost. If you're doing a _very_ large run,
you probably won't care, but it will be more expensive generally.

You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...