Re: still probs with display in chroot

Hi Gavin,

> Hi,
> I have put
> '# ia32 chroot
> /home           /var/chroot/sid-ia32/home none  bind            0       0
> /tmp            /var/chroot/sid-ia32/tmp none   bind            0       0
> proc            /var/chroot/sid-ia32/proc proc  defaults        0       0'
> into my chroot and 'normal' fstab.  But they dont't mount in chroot.  The
system reminds me that in the chroot env the dir's are not there.

so I understand that the mount fails, no?

first of all you need to have chroot working completely. I suppose that you
have the directories:
/var/chroot/sid-ia32/home
/var/chroot/sid-ia32/tmp
/var/chroot/sid-ia32/proc

created, no?

Then mount them
mount /var/chroot/sid-ia32/home;
mount /var/chroot/sid-ia32/tmp
mount /var/chroot/sid-ia32/proc

then test the chroot:

chroot /var/chroot/sid-ia32

Test test and tell something

Leo

A Dimecres 09 Març 2005 15:19, Dr Gavin Seddon va escriure: