still probs with display in chroot

Hi,
I understand this prob of mine must be an incorrect chrot setup.  But I
followed the distructions.  I have the /newroot/etc/fstab setup as
instructed.  The error I get is
'debian1:/# oowriter
Xlib: No protocol specified

I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale ""
Xlib: No protocol specified

/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open
display: :0.0
   Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
   or check permissions of your X-Server
   (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)'.  If this stuff is
mounted why do I get this?

--
Yhanks.
Gavin.