Re: bind mount in 32bit chroot

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 00:16 +0100, Carsten Prieß wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:47:47 -0500 Tong <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > This is not clear. Should I do it in the chroot environment, or out
> > side it? If I should do it in the chroot environment, isn't that
>
> Not in chroot. Do it in basesystem. Should be clear because of the full
> path.

It's not obvious or he wouldn't've asked the question...  ;)

> > Q2, how about devices, Shouldn't /dev be bind mounted?
> I'm not sure about this, but I think this is processed when creating the
> chroot.

This is true, though I think there are 2 options:

 1) let the debian process create /$CHROOT/dev, then remove any junk you
don't need (since it's eating inodes).

 2) let debian create the /$CHROOT/dev. Then, rm -rf /$CHROOT/dev and
bind mount to the master /dev so 32-bit processes can, e.g., access USB
and other hotplug devices.

Cheers!
-sw

p.s., jealous of Carsten's scotch. All I got is cheap brandy at home and
Kona coffee here at work...