Re: Successfull install, problems with nvidia video drivers

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 09:24 +0100, Thomas J. Zeeman wrote:
> Hi,

> >   nvidia-glx: Depends: nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629 but it is not installable
> > E: Broken packages
> > -----------------------------
>
> Have you installed the nvidia-kernel-source package and created a deb with
> the kernel-module with it? IIRC that was what you needed to do before you
> could install the rest because there is no nvidia-kernel package in amd64
> as there is in i386.
> Instructions can be found in
> /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-source/README.Debian
>
> regards,
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas.  That seems to have been the key.  I'm not sure why I had
so much trouble with the nvidia drivers this time around as setting them
up on my laptop was a piece of cake.  I think I was doing things out of
order.  Anyway, that fixed it.

Thanks again.

Kourosh