Successfull install, problems with nvidia video drivers

Hi,

First, I've successfully installed a working pure64 system onto a
Monarch Hornet SFF machine with the following specs:

FOXCONN WINFAST NFORCE 4 PC I X 939 ATHLON 64/FX CK804K8MA-KS
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 (OEM-939 PIN)
Corsair Twinx2048-3200C2PT 2GB (2x 1gb CMX1024-3200C2PT) DDR 400 1024 MB
CAS Latency 2 XMS modules (Platinum)
2x Seagate 7200.8 ST3300831AS 300GB Hard Drive Serial ATA, 7,200RPM, 8MB
(ST3300831AS)
Plextor DVD±RW Dual Layer Writer 16x/8x/16x DVD+RW, 12x/4x/16x DVD-RW,
4x DVD+R DL, 48x/24x/48x CD-RW
EVGA 6800GT256mb PCI-E 256-P2-N376-B OEM
INTEL 10/100/1000 PWLA8391MT Desktop Adaptor

I used the 2005-02-18 version of the installer and didn't have any
problems.  The installer actually saw everything right off the bat and
installed all the modules correctly.  I just changed the order of the
ide modules so the amd74xx modules loads before the other ide modules
and DMA works fine.

The system is _much_ faster than a dual-proc AthlonMP system I have with
4G ram and 3 10K rpm scsi drives.

I haven't had a chance to check sound yet, but everything is detected
and the modules load.

The only problem I'm having is with the nvidia video card.  The debian
packages won't install.  When trying to install nvidia-glx, I get the
following error:
------------------------------
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  nvidia-glx: Depends: nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
-----------------------------

Anyone else get this?  I've also tried to install the drivers off of
nvidias website and they seem to install with no errors, other than
erroring when I try to install the 32bit compat Gl libs.  I also
modified XF86Config-4 to load th nvidia driver instead of the nv driver,
and not to load the GLcore and dri modules, as per the readme. However,
when I try to start X, it fails with a message about not being able to
find the nvidia and glx modules.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I've
installed the nvidia drivers on my laptop with no problems, but that was
with the Debian packages, and not and amd64.

I've googled, but not found anything really helpful yet.

Thanks for any help

--
kourosh <debian@mindwaresystems.com>