Re: Printing from chrooted open office

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 06:08:05PM -0500, Tong wrote:
> This is an obvious simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer
> anywhere. I mean,
>
> What should I do in order to print from open office which is installed in
> the chrooted environment.
>
> I.e., I think I should install the printing system (cups) in the 32bit
> chroot, then how about the ttf fonts, the defoma... to me the list can
> grow bigger and bigger as I proceed...

Well the fonts should only need to be available to the X server (64bit)
and the print server (64bit) (in case it is doing postscript rendering),
or Xprint if it uses that (also 64bit).  I think all you should need is
perhaps cupsys-client and/or cupsys-bsd client programs installed in the
chroot so it can connect to the print server on port 631.

I haven't tried it myself, but I think it ought to work that way.