Re: AMD64 with MSI Neo2 Platinum

Hi all,

Lourens Steenkamp wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:32:12 +0200
Lourens replying to Kyuu Eturautti <vekotin@b2.st> :

[snipped]

In short: I haven't been impressed with MSI's quality with Athlon 64 boards. A friend recently told me that over half of their MSI A64 boards sold in the past months have been returned with several types of faults. Not good. Though I'll note that when they work, they work quite well.

[...]

I am currently using a K8T Neo2, runs without a hitch although I have
not attempted to use the Promise SATA RAID and the on-board soundcard
sucks (a common problem, IMHO, with all on-board soundcards that I have
tried).
I even managed to produce an almost zero-noise setup with my K8T Neo2. I *am* using the on-board sound. You're right: the analog audio output is crap (too much noise). But with SPDIF output all is well. I am using the onboard VIA SATA controller
in a JBOD setup.

[...]

Mike

NB: ATI will be releasing their first linux AMD64 radeon drivers on monday...