Problem with sata_sil24 on boot

Hello,

I just installed Sarge amd64 onto a new system
with root RAID 10.
(RAID 10 is on ICH7 intel 4x sata drives)
I'm originally installed with a 2.6.12 kernel.
I've since then upgraded to a 2.6.15 kernel from experimental
so that I could get sata_sil24 support for my 2 last drives.
(They are on a silicon 3132 controller)
Now that I've booted into the 2.6.15 kernel, I can see the
2 drives on the sil 3132 controller, I can format and mount
them, howerver, when I enter them into /etc/fstab, I constantly get
a disk failed error on bootup, (...Give root password for maintanence,
Press Control D to continue....)
I can press Control D to continue and then notice that it loads the
sata_sil24 driver and sees my drive.
So it makes sense why I'm seeing the boot error.
Is it possible to load the module before the boot up goes through fstab?
Not sure why this module comes later in the boot sequence.
What if I compiled the driver right into the kernel instead?

Any help on this would be great!!
Thanks,
Mike