Re: installing amd64 kernel

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 14:32 -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I wouldn't recommend reiserfs.  I tried it before and ended up spending a
> lot of work converting to ext3 when the bugs became too painful.  ditto
> for xfs under 2.6.3 - 2.6.9 (which is when I gave up on it).

Could you explain some of the reasoning behind your comment?

All the partitions on my Linux systems are formatted with reiserfs
(300GB+ of actual data), and I've yet to experience any problems.

Making a statement inferring that there are well known bugs in a widely
used piece of software without explaining what they are doesn't really
help anyone make an informed decision.

Regards,

Adam.