Re: Problems installing on AMD Athlon 64 system

dont use the nvidia binary drivers. the forcedeth driver is vastly
better.

which debian installer are you using? sarge should support it.
if not then get a nightly installer cd (Etch)

i believe the 2.6.11 kernel was the first with the forcedeth driver
the marvel card should be supported in earlier

im running the dfi lanparty nf4-sli board. it runs with the nforce4
chipset and the same network cards. i use the nforce network card
with the forcedeth drivers.

the forcedeth drivers are reverse engineered drivers btw. active armour
etc are all windows things. they claim to be hardware but are infact
software. for some reason the nforce network card uses the smb bus
rather than pci. dont know the pros or cons.

Dean