Re: Hello! from a newbie+ problems with debian for amd64+can't boot debian for i386 on amd64 from cd+can't extract sbm.bin from cd

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:02:42AM +0100, Martin Baldan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >if you are a real newby, you may wait until december. As I knew debian etch
>

> >should be finished in december, and there amd64 should be one of the standard
>
> >supported systems.
>

> That's cool! I thought it would take a bit longer.
>
> Anyway, I have nothing better to install on my drive,
>
>  so I'll try to get used to Debian now,

Good idea.

> and then, when Etch is released, I'll give it a try.

Remember once you install a version of Debian (Woody, Sarge, Etch ...)
then you only need to dist-upgrade to the next one, no need to
reinstall.

--
Chris.
======