Mysql 5 64Studio install

Hi
Do any of you know how MYSQL 5 runs on Deb 64? synaptic wants to uninstall Gnome applets and some other Gnome stuff to install Mysql 5, browser, and server.

Will this mean I lose the desktop (this happened to another Deb installation I did!)

My system is running 64studio as a DAW and I would like Mysql for tracking tracks.bands,albums and production/Master CD's.

Not the most heavy weight use of a database I know, but I can move it around easily.

Cheers
Bob

            Bearmusic
            hearmymusic.co.uk <http:www.hearmymusic.co.uk>