Fwd: Test wpa-encrypted

>>http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=399787&view=getlastpost).
> > Could be good a sniffer like ethereal? And if so, how test it?
>
> Just configure the access point to only allow WPA, and see if you
> connect at all.  I am sure there is a better way but not sure what.  You
> certainly can't tell with any packet sniffer since they only see the
> stuff after it comes out of the wireless chip.  You would need some kind
> of wireless traffic sniffer with it's own antenna or something to do
> that.

Yes, using etheral it's unuseful cos package is already decrypted when
it's read:)
However I have tested with another distro (it was configured to work
with no-crypt), and it doesn't work.

However, I know that there are many security-problems for wireless
connections. WPA apart, it's further possible to inforce via software
this connection and avoid external connections to own router?

Thanks,
Giulio