Re: USB mouse and touchpad issues using the unstable release

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 18:06, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (22/11/05 23:27), Massimo Perga wrote:
> > Hi All, I've just upgraded the testing version to the unstable version. In
> > the testing version both USB mouse and touchpad were working, but using
> > latest unstable version (xorg server) I'm unable to use both. In particular,
> > USB mouse seems to be detected by the system when it's inserted in the PC
> > but it's not working: I also tried using gpm but nothing changes (when I
> > used the stable release I was able to use the touchpad in the console, too).
> >
> >  Could you explain me what changed from the two versions and how can I fix
> > it ?

If you are using a 2.6.15-* kernel try changing the makefile to say 2.6.14 and rebuilding
your kernel.  Thats be reported to fix a probable udev issue on debian:

In my case I can work around the issue by doing a 'modprobe mousedev' which causes
the input dir to be created and lets X start without errors.

Luck,

Ed Tomlinson