Re: Intel SE7230 + ICH7

Tony Power wrote:
Hi!
Did anyone managed to install debian on a machine with:
- Intel SE7230 chipset;
- ICH7 I/O controller;
- SATA RAID I (HW);
If anyone did it, please let me know.
My SATA drives aren't detected, so I can't install Debian.
I don't want to use PATA.

I use a Intel Board with ICH7 with latest sid installer on amd64.
And yes, first it didn't recognized the SATA HDs and the network controller.
But if I used the netinstall CD with expert mode and went back and explicit tried to recognized the HD/network again and again, eth1 and both SATA appeared on screen.
Seems like autodetect doesn't know these hardware, but drivers work well.

Thanks ;)

Cya
Lars
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel.: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
PGP-Key-ID: 0xB87A0E03