Re: Temporary 'lock-up' under heavy write, MegaRAID RAID-5

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 11:46 +0100, Dave Ewart wrote:
> The above system is incredibly fast under almost all conditions, except
> when writing very large files (say, 100s of MB, or even GB).  When
> Any other suggestions or reports of similar experiences?
Sorry, no solution, but a me too post. I have similar experience with a
2-way Opteron, 3Ware9500 SATA RAID5 with 5 disks: short updateing
transactions with PostgreSQL fly, long updates start fast but after a
few seconds everthing locks up, and the update lasts forever.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.