Re: Problems to link /usr/lib32/libpng.so.2 for Panotools 32bit

Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Gerhard Gaußling wrote:
>> Is there a way to have /usr/lib32/libpng.so.2 working without chroot?
>
> Why using 32bit versions?
> libpano12 - panorama tools
> libpano12-dev - panorama tools - development files
>
> Are available for me in 64bit.
> And even libpng is available in 64bit.
>
> And I use both for hugin here in 64bit.
But I'm pretty sure you *don't* use PTOptimizer, because the source code was
never published and opened. There are only 32bit binarys on the net.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ptx/4126/match=ptstitcher
But I have to use PTStitcher, because of it's few advantages over nona,
which I already use as 64bit stitcher in hugin.
advantages nona over PTStitcher:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ptx/3348/match=ptstitcher
advantages PTStitcher over nona:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ptx/2166/match=ptstitcher
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ptx/3336/match=ptstitcher+ptoptimizer
I rely on especially on these advantages of PTStitcher as I have some panos
which are made out of some really bad shots (I didn't knew about the nodal
point, and therefore I have to morph them to fit).
- Automatic colour/brightness correction.
- Morph to fit.

> #itp
> deb http://itp.tugraz.at/Comp/debian/ sarge system desktop science
> deb-src http://itp.tugraz.at/Comp/debian/ sarge system desktop science

I have the 64bit versions already from the ubuntu/breezy universe
repositories installed:
$ apt-cache policy libpano12 libpano12-dev libpano12-bin libpano12 libpano
egrep -A1 "(lib|\*\*\*)"|egrep -v "(\-\-|status)"
libpano12:
  Installiert:2.7.0.10-1
 *** 2.7.0.10-1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/universe Packages
libpano12-dev:
  Installiert:2.7.0.10-1
 *** 2.7.0.10-1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/universe Packages
libpano12-bin:
  Installiert:2.7.0.10-1
 *** 2.7.0.10-1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/universe Packages
libpano12:
  Installiert:2.7.0.10-1
 *** 2.7.0.10-1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/universe Packages
libpano:
  Installiert:(keine)

Now I tried to use a script in hugin to use the 32bit chroot for PTStitcher,
but it doesn't works.

~/bin/PTStitcher
#!/bin/bash
dchroot -c i386_chroot -d PTStitcher $1 $2 $3 $4
exit

So, I'm not a good scripter and there might be a problem with $1 $2 $3
$4 ;-).

But anyway: I want to know how to link the 32bit png lib the right way, to
use PTStitcher and the other 32bit panotools from
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/PanoTools.tar.gz
on my amd64 x86_64 breezy box.

kind regards