Re: installing Oracle on Debian AMD64

Sven Mueller wrote:

>>More like stops every other read and write.
>

> for as long as the write takes.

If only that were true! But, instead, it blocks everything for as long
as the write takes *plus* as long as all the reads that started before
the write was issued take.

(At least by default. I know about the low priority writes option, but
that has its own problems, like the writes never happening.)