Re: beta status

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 02:08:07PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> amd64 has also not built the most recent version of the debian-installer
> package, and has been marked as "building" for over a day at
> http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?email=&packages=debian-installer&arches=
> Additionally, it seems that the last debian-installer build to be built
> and installed into the amd64 archive was rc3, in May. See
> http://amd64.debian.net/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-amd64/ So I'm
> not even sure if version 20051026 will get properly installed even if it
> does get built for amd64.

We had some problems (as noted above), and some others.  The
kernel udebs weren't in moved in testing until yesterday evening.
This doesn't happen automaticly since it's a different source
package for every arch, and we didn't notice they were out of
date yet.

Also, the buildd chroot also didn't have amd64 key in
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.  Those issues should have been fixed, and
20051026 should get build soon.

We also had a problem with a previous version, 20051009, that it
ended up in reject with some strange error message (instead of in
byhand).  I hope we don't error anymore now.

Kurt