Re: Best approach for a system that needs desktop apps and 64bit address space

> Hi all,

Hello

> what would be the best approach?

A completely 64-bit OS (Still not an option, but hey...)

> Install an ia32 system with 64SMP kernel
> or the whole 64 system with ia32 chroot?

I'd go with the 64 bit system with a 32 bit chroot, that way you can
take advantage of the hardware and still run the programs that you
need that haven't been ported / will not build / don't exist on AMD64.

If configured properly, your users will never know the difference.