Re: Eclipse

Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
> Dalibor Topic wrote:

>>>In order to move into main, eclipse needs to build and run with free
>>>software in main. gcj/gij are in main, the proprietary software you
>>>mentioned is not.
>

> How a virtual package can be considered, as you said, as a prorietary
> software?
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt

You mentioned Sun's and Blackdown's VMs, which are proprietary, so
unfortunately they can't be used for the packaging task to move eclipse
into main.

The packagers used a specific free runtime to make the eclipse package
build and work, so they made that runtime specifically part of the
dependencies, as that's a configuration the packagers can focus on to
support.

You are most welcome to contribute, and help improve the eclipse packages.

see you on debian-java,
dalibor topic