Re: why is amd64 still separate?

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 07:59:03PM +0200, Gabor Gombas wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 07:09:13AM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
>
> > How can I help? Is there a schedule for this?
>
> I'm not sure what the current status is, but I think you should ask on
> debian-devel. There may be people already working on it or at least
> having specific ideas how it should be done.

Anthony 'Aj' Towns has it on his todo list; he accepts monetary
contributions to pay for time, which can be directed towards a
particular group of projects. "SCC implementation" is listed as one
project, though I'm not sure if you can contribute specifically to
projects as opposed to groups.

http://www.erisian.com.au/market/

This scheme has recently resulted in Packages file diff support being
rolled out. (The implementation was written by others but Aj integrated
into into the actual instance of ftp-master.)

Hamish