Re: Unofficial amd64 kernel images?

Le Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 10:31:12AM +0100, Dave Ewart écrivait/wrote:
> As you may have read in another thread, I'm having difficulties building
> a 64-bit amd64 kernel to use in a "64-bit kernel / 32-bit userspace"
> environment.
>
> The pre-packaged kernel, kernel-image-2.6.8-11-amd64-k8, does almost
> what I want, but the nvidia drivers cannot be compiled against it
> because there is a conflict between the framebuffer support in that
> kernel and the nvidia module.  After a lot of work trying to build a
> suitable kernel myself, I can't see to be able to get it to work, so
> I've decided to seek out a prebuilt image instead.

What I am doing (on a ATI based laptop see
http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/msi_s270_linux.html for details) is
compiling my own kernel (2.6.13.4 from kernel.org), making the .deb
packages with make-kpkg binary-arch, and installing these .deb

Notice that kernels did change a lot since 2.6.8

Regards
email: basile(at)starynkevitch(dot)net