Re: Quake 4

--- Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml@fatooh.org> wrote:

> Kaneda Langley wrote:
> > I second this, quake 4 is working on my system as
> well now.
> >
> > I reinstalled the ia32-libs, made sure the
> libsdl1.2debian-oss package
> > was installed and ran quake 4 with
> >
> > quake4 +set s_driver oss +set s_numberOfSpeakers 2
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Is it necessary for you to
> use "+set s_driver
> oss"? If so, I'll put a note in the howto. I was
> under the impression
> that doom3 and quake4 would use oss automatically if
> alsa was unavailable.
>
> -Corey

It's not necessary. OSS is the default.  While we're
on the subject of sound...I occassionally get sound
stuttering issues on my machine with both Q4 and D3.
It's entirely intermittent, and some days are worse
than others, but when it does it, I quit the game and
restart it.  If it doesn't do it during the intro id
movie, it won't do it for the duration of the session.

Anyone else seen this behavior?  And, are you guys
using snd-ioctl32?

Zaq