Re: Quake 4

Corey Hickey wrote:

>Zaq Rizer wrote:
>

>>It shows the loading page for about a second, then immediately crashes
>>with a segfault.  Information regarding the crash from the console is as
>>follows:
>>
>>++++++++++++++
>>found DLL in pak file: /Shared/Games/quake4/q4base/game100.pk4/gamex86.so
>>copy gamex86.so to /home/epoch/.quake4/q4base/gamex86.so
>>signal caught: Segmentation fault
>>

>A quick solution is to use either libsdl1.2debian-alsa or
>libsdl1.2debian-oss instead of libsdl1.2debian-all.
>
>I've written up a bit of a howto. Send me feedback if you have anything
>to contribute or find an error.
>
>http://fatooh.org/q4howto/
>
>-Corey

I second this, quake 4 is working on my system as well now.

I reinstalled the ia32-libs, made sure the libsdl1.2debian-oss package
was installed and ran quake 4 with

quake4 +set s_driver oss +set s_numberOfSpeakers 2

still need to fix a sound issue with alsa (sound comming from the wrong
speakers), alsa works as well.

 -godless