Re: installing Oracle on Debian AMD64

Thomas Steffen wrote:
On 10/25/05, Adam Skutt <askutt@wnec.edu> wrote:

Concerning the tool chain: I noticed (on Solaris, both 32 and 64bit)
that you actually only need a few libraries and a few support files to
compile and run C applications using the OCI. In fact, this works a
lot better for me than following the slightly bizarre way recommended
by Oracle to compile C applications.
No, no, you misunderstood me (perhaps I wasn't clear). Oracle needs a development toolchain to install itself, as it does all sorts of install-time linking and other such voodoo nonsense.

Adam