Re: howto install my nvidia card

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 01:24:28AM +0100, debianista.deb wrote:
> I want to know if someone have one tutorial of installation nvidia card ??
> please
> I read the how-to of debianam64 but I couldn't do that ;(

My recomendation is to go to the experimental archive and grab the
source package (tar, diff and dsc) for the latest nvidia package for
debian, and then do this:

dpkg-source -x *dsc
cd nvidia-*
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b
cd ..
dpkg -i nvidia*source*deb
apt-get install module-assistant
m-a -t prepare
m-a a-i -t nvidia
dpkg -i nvidia-glx*deb

I don't think the amd64 archive contains the non free nvidia drivers at
this time (although maybe it does.)  Building them from the source
package works great though.