Re: problems with custom kernel: no init?

I use my one kernel without trouble, so it can't be something difficult.
You don't really need initrd (I don't use it)

Debian kernels always place a copy of their config in /boot. Install one and
check for differences.

Could be SElinux extentions missing in your kernel ?
Init seems to needs it :

terkuile:/# ldd /sbin/init
        libsepol.so.1 => /lib/libsepol.so.1 (0x00002aaaaabc3000)
        libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0x00002aaaaacf6000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00002aaaaae0a000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00002aaaab047000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00002aaaaaaab000)

Ernest.