AMD64 howto update with nvidia/ut2004 what I did to make it work!

How do we go about updating the amd64 howto guide?

For those that are interested here's what I did in a nutshell. (don't take literally, I don't have my machine in front of me now.)

Nvidia setup: from http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installation.html NOTE -- do not use the nvidia installer! This breaks thinks and makes your life hard later. This way works well to since once setup, if you get a new kernel run m-a auto-install nvidia and your back and running!

   |apt-get install module-assistant nvidia-kernel-common
   |m-a prepare
   m-a auto-install nvidia
       (not sure if m-a sets it up, but you may need to set CC=gcc-4.0
   or whatever version your kernel is compiled with (cat /proc/version)

    apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-glx-ia32 (spelling) (make sure
   you install all the samer version!  mixing broke ut2004 for me)

   Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

       * In the "Module" section, be sure that you have a line

             |Load "glx" |

         and remove or comment out (prepend with a #) any lines that
         refer to the "dri" or "GLCore" modules.
       * In the "Device" section for your video card, be sure you have
         a line

             |Driver "nvidia"|

   Make sure you have access to nvidia, was default for me, but you may
   need to add yourself to the video group

   UT2004 32 bit -- Default is 32 bit.  May run ok if you install
   nvidia-glx-ia32

   UT2004 64 bit --
       Make sure you have the latest patch for 64 bit support
       Changed ut2004.sh to call amd64 binary (somthing like
   bin/ut2004-amd64
       Move the openal.o to openal.o.old
       ln -s /usr/lib/openal.o openal.o (localtion is probably wrong
   here, and it's maybe libopenal.o) (without this sound don't work on
   64 bit)