Re: kdelibs4!

lordSauron ha scritto:
I know that this is solvable...

Are you mixing distributions (stable/unstable sid/sarge?) because that
was my problem.  I don't think it's really possible to mix the two
distros without being a total "I am Linus Torvalds" person...

If you mixed 'em, the only way I know to counter that without
reinstalling absolutely everything is to take aptitude and uninstall
everything except the base system.  However, I think that at that rate
it'd be easier to reinstall debian...

Mmh..don't think is a problem of mixing distribution..if i try to get just the source of kdelibs4 it returns the error "package not found"..maybe i should change my repositories..

The only thing with gentoo is that it's really hard to install...

yeh, but gentoo has also the best documentation between GNU/Linux distributions, so it shouldn't be too hard..just the time to learn some new operations that the debian installer makes more "for dummies" : D

though otherwise I'm convinced it's better than debian for desktop
users.

i don't think that it is always better than debian..if u have an old machine to compile everything could take days..

--
=== GCB v3.1 ===