Re: New package

Hans wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have build a new package. It is named "xhkeys", the program is under th e
>GPL.
>
>Well, as I am not the really maintainer, I still would like to release it into
>the repository.
>
>What does it do ?
>
>xhkeys can bind any keystroke to a self chosen program or action. It is very
>useful for notebooks and special keyboards with special keys, just like
>"email", "browser" "volume up" "volume down" etc. so it is highly
>configurable.
>
>Is anyone interested ? The package was build for amd64, so 32-bit should work
>as well.

See the New Maintainer's Guide
(http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide ), and if you need
further assistance, the debian-mentors list would be a more appropriate
place, with people more prepared to answer your questions.

BTW, they will want to look at your source package, not the binary one.

--
My method is to take the utmost trouble to find the right thing to say.
And then say it with the utmost levity.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@bol.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb