Re: upgrade path from 32 to 64

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 12:36:27PM +0200, . wrote:
> is there an upgrade path from 32bit testing to 64bit testing or stable?
> It would be nice if I didn?t have to reinstall from scratch.
>
> Are there problems with commercial games to expect on a 64bit system?
>
> If I have to remain at 32bit because of the games, which NVIDIA drivers
> should I use, the 32 or 64bit version?

The one matching the kernel you are running.  64bit kernel needs 64bit
driver.

The user space part (nvidia-glx) you need the one matching the
application.

32bit games should run on 64bit just fine if the needed libraries are
installed (in a 32bit chroot if needed) although usually not many
libraries are needed by games (they tend to include what they need) so
the ia32-libs and nvidia-glx-ia32 (or whatever it is called) should take
care of it.