Re: upgrade path from 32 to 64

Am Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2005 12:36 schrieb .:
> Hi,
>
> is there an upgrade path from 32bit testing to 64bit testing or stable?
> It would be nice if I didn´t have to reinstall from scratch.
>
> Are there problems with commercial games to expect on a 64bit system?
>
> If I have to remain at 32bit because of the games, which NVIDIA drivers
> should I use, the 32 or 64bit version?
>

> GH
Do it as I did, here is my suggestion:

1. Backup your /home/

2. Backup your configration files sources.list. xorg.conf and whatever you
changed.

3. Use synaptic and save all installed packages in a file. Backup tis, too.

4. Now you can install Debian as normal. Install X and synaptic, so you can
install all packages again.

5. Install debian as normal, and copy all configs back.

6. make an at-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade.

7. Last start synaptic, and install all packages from the list.

I did it this way, with DSLit lasted just 3 hours (download time) , nd I was
online again.

Best regards

Hans