Re: xorg transparency and shadows

Le 19.10.2005 15:00:37, Mike Dobbs a écrit :
I think there are numerous problems with transset and family right now, that is why it's not in debian. run glxgears, if your not getting framerates above 50, your video card either not 3d or the proper driver isn't supported. See nvidia, ATI, preferably nvidia.

I have an ATI radeon 9250 (the latest on with open source drivers).
With a rate of about 900+, the transparency is *very* slow.

I tried to use fglrx but didnt manage to load the module.

So ATI doesnt seem to be the good choice for transparency... for the moment. But as transparency is not a need for me, I run without it.

More, the Composite option should be disabled in xorg.conf if you dont want xmms to crash when running double sised and without this option there is no chance to have transparency to work (or at least I didnt manage to get it)

Jean-Luc