Re: xorg transparency and shadows

I think there are numerous problems with transset and family right now, that is why it's not in debian. run glxgears, if your not getting framerates above 50, your video card either not 3d or the proper driver isn't supported. See nvidia, ATI, preferably nvidia.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Wakefield" <c_wakefield@shaw.ca>
To: <debian-amd64@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:17 AM
Subject: Re: xorg transparency and shadows

I re-installed transset and got it working, but the desktop runs very, very
slow.
Can someone suggest a fix here? Do I require more packages besides transset
for translucency to run better?

Thanks for any interest or replies,
Chris W.

On October 18, 2005 11:02 am, mons wrote:
Hi,

> Thanks, it's nice.
> Is it possible apply automatically transparency (transset) at all
> windows?
>
> Giulio

I use KDE 3.4.2 and to do that you need to go to
Control Center -> Desktop -> Window Behavior -> Translucency

--
Pozdrawiam serdecznie:
 mons