Re: nvidia driver error - xorg doesn't start

You say you updated your machine? Do you have a new kernel? the nvidia module will need to be recompiled m-a install invidia.

Check to see if the nvidia module is loaded -  "lsmod"

----- Original Message ----- From: "antonio giulio" <antongiulio05@gmail.com>
To: <debian-amd64@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:03 AM
Subject: nvidia driver error - xorg doesn't start

Hi,

I have in /etc/modules 'nvidia' and my kernel is 2.6.12.
After last update I cannot enter in kdm more. I got error for 'screens
not found etc.', but nvidia is present in '/etc/modules'. If I launch
'modprobe nvidia', kdm starts.
However when I try to enter in KDE, it returns to kdm login page again.
I have last version from repository unstable of udev.
Could be it same problem of thread:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/07/msg01160.html
???
my nvidia-version is 7174