Re: nvidia driver overrides gdm.conf AutomaticLogin !?? SOLVED!

Am Freitag, den 07.10.2005, 15:57 -0700 schrieb Ali H. Caliskan:
> Mike was right about modules-assist, since the new
> nvidia-kernel that I compiled manually(make-kpkg
> modules_image) works fine with gnome login manager!

Wow. I had the problem for some weeks under x86 and nobody could help.
Great not to be alone. :-)

I've discovered funny stuff:

1. When I kill gdm and restart it as root from the terminal - it works.

2. Sometimes, when I just want to finish my session, I am immediately
automatically re-login'ed.

So, the mechanism isn't totally broken. It works sometimes.

I've found a very simple solution: Don't use the normal autologin
feature. Use the one that logs in a user after X seconds. I use 2
seconds and it works. Since I have no second user this is acceptable and
less work as reinstalling this and that.

Bye,
Ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/