Problem installing debian amd-64 on a HP

Hi,
   I've got a HP DX5150 which needs to have Linux
   installed on it, but it wasn't as easy as I thought.
   I'm using Len Sorensen's sarge installer with the 2.6.12 kernel,
   downloaded from http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/.

   I haven't been able to get a dump from lspci, but here is what HP
   says about the unit:

   # AMD Athlon. 64 or Sempron
   # ATI Radeon® XPRESS 200 chipset
   # ATI Radeon 9600 integrated graphics . standard VGA and DVI-D ports
   # Supports up to 4-GB of PC 3200 (DDR 400) Synch DRAM Memory
   # 6 rear USB 2.0 ports and 2 front USB 2.0 ports
   # Realtek AC97 integrated audio with internal speaker
   # Integrated PCI-E Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC

   http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/12454-64287-89301-321860-f49-457124.html

   Problem:
   The installation hangs when it is at 100% of the detecting hardware
   part. I can at that moment switch back and forth between the
   consoles for a couple of minutes, then the whole system freezes and I
   have to hardboot.

   This is how I did it:
   When the installation starts I switch to console 2 and modprobes
   sata-uli, ahci and sata_sil. The log said it found my hard
   drive so I thought everything was ok. I continue with the
   installation, and again, the whole installation stops at 100% when detecting the
   hardware. Before the system froze I looked at the log console and it
   said it's searching for the installation media, and before that an
   error message claiming it can't find ide-mod, ide-probe-mod and
   ide-detect. And then it freezes.

   In the BIOS configuration I have only 3 options to choose from
   regarding the sata controller and I've tried all of them:

   * sata disabled
   * IDE (Which I presume is IDE emulation)
   * RAID

   Any suggestions what to try now?

   Regards
   Andreas