Re: nvidia in 32bits chroot

Frederik Schueler wrote:

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 05:00:49PM +0200, trango wrote:
I've tried playing Enemy Territory using the ia32libs but for some
weird reason it doesnt work any well.

basically, this should work if you setup the system according to the
following steps:

- use module-assistant to build the nvidia kernel package
- install ia32-libs and nvidia-glx-ia32
- make sure GLX acceleration is working (glxinfo should report lots of
 extensions and glxgears should be _fast_)

I have quake123 and doom3 working this way.

As I'm sure it does work in
pure32bits (i've tried) I tried to install it in the chroot and run it
in another X (run from the chroot) but I found I'm not able to make it
see the nvidia kernel module. As the system is working with a 64bits
kernel I'm not able to compile the module or even to make it work in
the chroot. Have any of you been able to?

check the amd64 howto at

https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html

on how to setup a chroot. you must copy the 32bit nvidia libs into the
chroot and have the nvidiactl devices created, unless you use udev and
bind-mount /dev into the chroot, too.

You can also use equivs to build a fake i386 nvidia-kernel-1.0foo package, then install nvidia-glx