Re: Tyan Thunder K8W S2885 with 4GB memory missing memory??

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 02:58:41AM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> On my S2895, I have in Advanced / Hammer / Memory Hole / Memhole
> mapping, the choice between disabled, software and hardware. The one
> that works is software. If I set hardware, it just goes back to
> disabled after boot.

There is an informative thread on this on
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-amd64/2005-Jul/0064.html .

In particular,
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-amd64/2005-Jul/0110.html
says you need a revision E or later CPU to do hardware remapping :-(
Had I known, I'd have payed more attention to which CPU to buy.

--
Lionel