Re: Tyan Thunder K8W S2885 with 4GB memory missing memory??

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:40:07PM +0400, Kulagin D.I. wrote:
> >What a load of crap.  They don't have to decide which way to optimize
> >it.  They should let the end user pick that with a bios option just as
> >almost every other athlon 64/opteron board has done.
> >
> >Time for them to make a bios update with proper options in it if that is
> >really the current state of their bios.
> http://www.tyan.com/support/html/b_s2885.html
>
> 05/19/04
>
> 2885_202 <ftp://ftp.tyan.com/bios/2885_202.zip>
>
> *TYAN  Thunder K8W (S2885) V2.02
> New features and Fixes :
> ** Updated AMI Core (v8.00.10)
> * Added Opteron CPU CG Stepping support
> * Added Memory PCI Address Re-Map support
> * Updated SiL3114 Option ROM to v5.0.35
> * Added MTRR map options
> * Added Chassis Intrusion support
> * Added MemCLK limit option
>
> Update your BIOS if needed and set MTRR option from continuous to discrete.

Well good to know that is is in fact _not_ the current state of Tyan's
bios.

Slightly hard to believe they released the board without memory remap
support in the first place, but that was over a year ago so maybe it was
considered normal then.