Re: transcode - mplex - a/v sync problem

Not sure of tcmplex does the same or not.  I never got it to compile.

bbmpeg was removed from the transcode package after the 0.6.14 release, and since tcmplex depended on it, tcmplex was removed as well.  It's no longer part of the transcode (1.0.0_6) package.

I tried to configure and make 0.6.14, but it won't just compile && make && make install.  With 1.0.0_6, I had to get it to compile against libavcodec_pic, as opposed to it trying to compile against libavcodec by default.  Then I had to change the LIBAVCODEC_LIBS line in the import/Makefile to reflect all the lib dependacies, like so:
LIBAVCODEC_LIBS=`ffmpeg-config --plugin-libs avcodec`

I tried the same procedure with the 0.6.14 release, however the import/Makefile there don't contain a LIBAVCODEC_LIBS line, so when I try to make, it always errors with:

/usr/lib64/libavcodec_pic.a(oggvorbis.o): In function `oggvorbis_decode_close':
: undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_clear'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [tcdecode] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/transcode-0.6.14/import'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/transcode-0.6.14/import'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/transcode-0.6.14'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I tried adding it in, but that didn't work either.

I'm not sure if it's an inconsistency between the libavcodec_pic and the 0.6.14 Makefiles, or if I just need to alter something in there to get it to stop erroring on the vorbis references.

In the meantime, perhaps I'll try just the simple ffmpeg command line util, as was suggested.  I would like to get this working at some point, however.  Therefore, all constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.
Bill