Re: unreal tournament 2004

i think it is soething with the card as i just wiped the lot
and installed 32bit linux (just normal i386) and i have the
same problems

same versions of everything for i386, same symptom when
running.

oh sorry glxgears was doing around 7000fps

i installed the 7676 drivers from people.debian.org/~rdonald
just wack in the directories

deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/i386/ (or amd64/)
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/all/

then apt-get install nvidia-xxxxx etc

cd /usr/src/linux
m-a ....

as previously discussed

on amd64 i actually got the source package and built it,
on i386 i just grabed the debs (this is for 1.0-7676)
i found the 7676 driver to be *heaps* better that 7174
indact 7174 didnt know what was going on with my video card.

yes i shall look at the log. i knew there should be something.

ON ANOTHER NOTE

i found my kernel oops's when using my cdrom in both the k7
and k8 optimised kernels but not in the generic (generic & i386)
kernels. so i would say there is something wrong with optimising
the driver when compiling. who do i report this bug to?

Dean