Re: amd64 bootsplash howto

I managed to make bootsplash run  from the i386 packages available on
http://www.bootsplash.de/files/debian/. I am not sure that my
installation is very clean, but it works.

* I patched and recompiled my kernel
* I first downloaded the theme I wanted:
bootsplash-theme-debblue_0.5-5_all.deb
* then I opened the .deb to remove the dependency on the bootsplash
package (there is a proble of circular dependency) and repacked it
   dpkg-deb -x bootsplash-theme-debblue_0.5-5_all.deb tmp
   dpkg-deb -e bootsplash-theme-debblue_0.5-5_all.deb tmp/DEBIAN
   vim tmp/DEBIAN/control
   fakeroot dpkg-deb -b tmp
   # dpkg -i tmp.deb

* then I downloaded bootsplash_3.1-9_i386.deb and installed with dpkg
  # dpkg -i --force-architecture bootsplash

* To make the progression bar work, it was more difficult, since the
package sysv-rc-bootsplash furnishing the patches for rc and rc.S are
not adapted to the scripts present in /etc/init.d
I unpacked this package and by looking at the paches, I tried to
modify myself the script /etc/init.d/rc

I attach my script. If you can do better, please tell me.