Re: amd64 bootsplash howto

Hi,
have a look at the grub-splashimages package, worked for my amd64. And no need to compile anything.

~David

On 9/15/05, Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@arhont.com> wrote:
Hello debian users,

I am wondering if anyone managed to get graphical bootsplash to work
with amd64.

I've followed the howto, but the compilation of bootsplash package gives
me the following error:

gcc -Os -Wall -I/usr/include/freetype2   -c -o mng.o mng.c
mng.c: In function 'copyline':
mng.c:231: error: invalid lvalue in increment
mng.c:282: error: invalid lvalue in increment
make[1]: *** [mng.o ] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/bootsplash/bootsplash-3.1/Utilities'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
debuild: fatal error at line 765:

The rest of the packages seems to compile and install fine, including
kernel patches and sysv scripts.

I've also read that there is splashy package for debian that takes care
of the graphical boot process. There is an experimental version for
debian i386 and some other platforms. However, i couldn't find splashy
for amd64. Has anyone played with it on amd64.

Many thanks for all the help

Andrei