Re: Problems with new Ati graphic drivers

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:04:12 +0200, Ernest jw ter Kuile a écrit :

> > (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o
> > Duplicate symbol rol_long
> > in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o Also defined
> > in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a
>
> Did you try not loading module int10 ?
>
> I'm not exactly sure what that modules does, except doing funny thing
> with the BIOS. so maybe you don't need it.
>
> comment out the line "Load int10" in XF86Config and try again.

It was one of the first thing I tried°: X starts but a single move of the
mouse make it crash.

[ °: knowing int10 might be important and that it wouldn't be a viable
     solution. ]

IMO, it's not correct/regular/normal° that fglrx_drv.o duplicates so many
symbols.

[ °: sorry, I'm not sure of the good english term. What I mean is that it
     shouldn't be that way: how can so many functions be duplicated? ]
--
Sylvain Sauvage